The cost of electricity is always going up, both economically and environmentally. A lot of our energy is not generated from sustainable sources, meaning the impact on the environment can be huge. Luckily there are a number of things you can do, from investing in greener technology to reducing consumption. The best electricians Warwickshire has can help if you choose to work with Q-Energy.
Here are the top tips if you want to be greener with your electricity.
1. Reduce your use
– Replace your light bulbs with LEDs. They are in fact very cheap to buy now, so there shouldn’t be any reason for you not to upgrade.
– Turn off lights and other electronics when not in use.
– Get rid of electronics that use standby mode; they still use up electricity even when in this setting.
– AC adaptors on many cables still pull a current when not in use, so these should also be taken out of the wall.
– Dry your washing on a line outside, or on a rack inside, as much as possible. This is because driers use up a lot of energy.
2. Audit your use
Home energy audits are a good way of keeping track of your home’s energy use, loss, and where it can be saved. You can do this yourself, or hire a professional to do it for you.
3. Install solar panels
You have the choice to switch to solar panels. These could potentially save you large amounts of money as you will be a producer of your own energy rather than relying solely on the power grid. If you are located in a good area and your property have the best orientation you could produce enough energy to give some back to the grid too.
These are just a few steps you can execute to help make our planet greener. If you require services from the best electricians Warwickshire has to offer, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We can help, especially if you are thinking about efficiency and sustainability.