One of the biggest frustrations homeowners experience is when the electrical systems trip, such as after a light is switched on. When this happens, many people become concerned that it’s a sign of something seriously wrong with their electrical wiring. However, this is not necessarily the case, unless it happens extremely frequently.
As frustrating as it is when your electrical systems trip, it is important to bear in mind that your circuit board is doing exactly what it needs to do to protect your home. A bulb blowing usually causes a spike in power passing through the fitting. The breaker on your circuit board can sometimes detect this as being the start of a much larger surge, and so it trips to ensure the wiring and circuit are protected. As you can see, tripping usually should not automatically be seen as a sign that there is a fault with your electricity supply or wiring. That said, when it comes to your electricity supply it is always better to be safe than sorry.
If the electricity in your home trips on a frequent basis, then it would be in your best interests to get us to come and carry out an inspection. While the cause might be straightforward, it could be a sign of other problems. For example, the sockets on a circuit board could be overloaded, hidden dampness could have crept into appliances, or faulty wiring on a device or appliance may have caused a spike. It is important to identify the root of the issue in order to implement a lasting, practical solution.
Whether your electrical trips are caused by a major or minor issue, we will get to the bottom of the cause and present an affordable, professional way to fix it, carried out by our skilled team of Warwickshire electricians.